ACE stands for Associate Certified Entomologist. It is a third-party certification from the Entomological Society of America (ESA) designed for pest management professionals. ACE certification provides career-minded pest management professionals with credentials that document your expertise and professionalism. The certification can also boost customer and employer confidence.
WSU Urban IPM will conduct a 90 minute webinar on September 13, 2017 at 3pm to go over ACE Certification, Code of Ethics and the application process. The review and testing session will take place on December 12 and 13, 2017 at WSU Puyallup. The review session will be all day December 12. The testing session will be from 8:30-12:30 December 13 at WSU Puyallup. One week before the testing session the proctor will receive testing information for all applicants from ESA.
Workshop participants will need to register for this free workshop with WSU by October 2 (more information on workshop registration coming in July 2017). ESA requires at least 30 days to process the ACE application, so applicants will need to submit their application to ESA by October 30, 2017.
What you will receive by committing to pilot training
- IPM for the Urban Professional: A Study Guide for the Associate Certified Entomologist ($49 value)
- Support in completing your ACE application
- Full day of review conducted by Dr. Elizabeth Dykstra and other Board Certified and Associate Certified Entomologist
- Proctored ACE testing session
ACE Application requirements
- Hold a current pesticide applicator license in PCO General or PCO Structural
- Minimum of 5 years of pest management experience
- Two letters of professional reference (current or former employers, major clients, professional colleagues)
- Ability to pass an online test (this is that review session)
- Willingness to adhere to the ACE Code of Ethics
- Application fee of $395
- Allow at least 30 days for application approval.
- Once approved you have 3 years to take the exam
- Retesting is allowed but must submit retest application and $75 per attempt
For more information about ACE see the Entomological Society of America website www.entocert.org
For more information about the training contact Becky Maguire (firstname.lastname@example.org, 253-445-4595)